The Cook Islands Migrating Kitchen section were on the kitchen table:
August 24 - 30, 2009
A delicious recipe to try:
Ika Mata – raw fish
Any white fish can be used for this dish, to be eaten with cooked root vegetables such as taro, kumara, boiled green bananas.
Ingredients:4 – 5 pieces of filleted fish
- Cut and dice up all the fish into a bowl and add lemon juice. Stand aside for 4 hours to marinate.
- Dice the tomato into very small pieces, and thinly cut up the spring onion.
- Do not drain the lemon from the fish and add the chopped up tomato and spring onion to the fish.
- Stir in the coconut cream gradually, but not to overly saturate the fish.
- Add salt to flavour to your personal liking.
Many thanks to the Cook Islands Community Coordinators :
Moana Ngaata and Kitiona Tauira